Friday, October 8, 2010

Candy world dilemmas

I've always been a little weirded out by people who know, without a doubt, which candy is their absolute favorite. I personally don't understand how an individual can choose just one candy as their *favorite* beyond all the other endless (and delicious) possibilites.

To me it's equivalent to picking your favorite child- though it may be easy in some families, for the most part it's an impossible task. There are certain things you love and hate don't like as much about each of your children, making it impossible to preference one over another. Sometimes you just love spending time with good ol' Timmy, and other times there is nothing better than hanging out with little Sarah. Not to mention it's just outright unfair and immoral to choose one child over another. They're both essentially great kids- since they are after all your kids- so labeling one as 'the best' and one as 'not so good' is not really sensible.

Well, the same applies to candy. Each one has its ups and downs. There's something about most candies that I like a lot, and certain things about a select portion that I absolutely love, causing me to be unable to ever pick a single favorite. And they are all so different! How do you even begin to compare a Snickers bar to a pack of Swedish Fish? Or even a Reese’s Cup to M&Ms? It's impossile and, like children, totally immoral. Each and every candy needs to be appreciated in its own special way
So although I obviously do not have a sole favorite candy, there are a few that I like very, very, very much. One of those is KitKat bars.

Oh, baby. I love KitKats more than I will probably ever love one of my children. It's sad but true. They have been one of my top favorites since I was a wee, chubby child. I just can't help but be slightly obsessed with those slender chocolate wafer bars. They are so chocolatety yet so light! So creamy yet so crispy! Basically KitKats are like heaven to my mouth.

I'm sure you can imagine that I was a tad excited when I discovered that there is a vast array of unique flavors of KitKats across the globe. I'm only familiar with the milk chocolate version so my mind was initially blown. So blown, in fact, that I felt compelled to write a blog post in which I share my discovery with you.

Here are a few of the flavors featured in Clarissa's Most Wanted Flavors of KitKat Bars, all of which are tragically available only in countries outside the United States...

Pumpkin (I'm considering to moving to Japan for this one)
Maple
Blueberry Cheesecake

Green Tea

Choco-Banana

Cookies and Milk

Triple Pack! (White Chocolate, Original & Peanut Butter)
Raspberry
 
Flavors that were completely unappealing even to a KitKat fanatic like myself:
Wasabi, Soy Sauce, and Grilled Potato.



To check out all the other bajillion flavors go here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/friedtoast/sets/72157594224722117/?page=2

No comments:

Post a Comment